Patient engagement is a very effective tool to improve quality of care and service for Hospitals as well as better health outcomes for patients, as many studies and reports have shown. Here are 7 important statistics on how patient engagement :-
- Facilitating ongoing communication between patients and physicians via apps and online portal can improve engagement rates by 60% or higher.
- Apps for chronic care management are predicted to be the fastest-growing segment of healthcare apps through 2020.
- Almost two-thirds of physicians rank medication adherence as a key health concern that could be remedied by an mHealth app linked to a patient’s EHR, while more than half said diabetes (54%) and preventative care (52%).
- Texting patients can increase medication adherence for chronic disease patients from 50% to 67.8%, or a 17.8% overall increase.
- Mobile-friendly communication is crucial for patient engagement, as people use a mobile device or tablet for 57% of email opens.
- Increased online patient involvement can result in a 90% satisfaction rate for both patients and physicians.
- Patients plugged into an online portal were more likely to receive preventative tests and screenings, including nearly one in nine patients more likely to receive colorectal cancer screenings and a slightly higher rate for mammogram screenings. (7)
(also see: http://blog.evisit.com/21-fascinating-patient-engagement-stats )