Patient engagement is a very effective tool to improve quality of care and service for Hospitals as well as better health outcomes for patients, as many studies and reports have shown.
Here are 7 important statistics on how patient engagement can improve healthcare
- Facilitating ongoing communication between patients and physicians through apps and online portal can improve engagement rates by 60% or higher.
- According to research, Mobile application for chronic care management are predicted to be the fastest-growing segment of healthcare apps through 2020.
- Almost two-thirds of physicians rank medication adherence as a key health concern that could be remedied by a mHealth app linked to a patient’s EHR, while more than half said diabetes (54%) and preventative care (52%) could be better managed by mobile apps tracking patient-reported outcome.
- Texting patients can increase medication adherence for chronic disease patients from 50% to 67.8%, that is about 17.8% overall increase.
- Mobile-friendly communication is crucial for patient engagement, as people use a mobile device or tablet to open about 57% of their emails.
- Increased online patient involvement have reported an increase in satisfaction for both patients and doctors in 90% of cases.
- Patients plugged into an online portal were more likely to receive preventative tests and screenings.